Berradas Jewelry is a family owned business, we believe in putting heart in everything we create! Each jewelry piece is special, intentional, and crafted by hand with immense care and attention – a genuine labor of love! We enjoy designing personalized memorial jewelry, because we are passionate about capturing a feeling, memory, or special moment in each bespoke piece, and turning it into something beautiful that can be treasured for a lifetime.
Behind the product
Explore our approach to a better supply chain for our jewellery.
Discover what ethical and sustainable manufacturing means to us.
Sustainability and ethical manufacturing means a lot to us. We take every step possible to minimize our effect on the environment and reduce the negative effects of fast fashion by taking a holistic view to our jewelry making process.
Our Core Collection
All our core collection designs are put together using materials sourced from small businesses around the US. Our suppliers are making their difference by only producing 14k gold filled, Sterling Silver, and Rose Gold jewelry, thereby prolonging the life of jewelry and reducing our ecological footprint as consumers.
Here are some quick facts about where our jewellery comes from.
Gold Fill Findings
Gold filled: A high quality type of gold-finish jewelry. Its base material is sterling silver and it has a super thick layer of gold plating for long-lasting colour and shine. The gold must be at least 14k and the plating at least 2.5 microns thick to be labelled “gold filled” according to US Federal Trade Commission regulations.
100% of our gold filled findings are made in the USA (where gold fill is more abundant). Our Connecticut based team will then assemble it by hand.
Sterling Silver Findings
Sterling silver: Sterling silver is a standard material in high quality jewelry. It is precious metal alloy made of 92.5% pure silver and 7.5% other metals. This is a wonderful base material because it is long-lasting and flexible. Did you know? Our silver-tone pieces are all plated in rhodium, a rare, precious metal that gives the piece extra shine, lustre and durability.
70% of our sterling silver ready-made jewellery (such as hoops) are made in USA. The other 30% are sustainably sourced from Italy and India.
We use cubic zircons sourced from OH, USA. The United-States gemstones industry is amongst the most sustainable in the world.
We have always aspired to offer high quality jewelry that is affordable and accessible for every budget. That’s why we will always keep our prices as low as possible to ensure that you’re getting jewellery that you love, within a price range that is suitable for you.
Packaging is a huge contributor to environmental stress, and at Berradas we use biodegradable satchels and cardboard boxes to reduce as much plastic in our packaging as possible. We are proud that our bags can be composted, recycled, and reused.
Our Bespoke Collections
While our core collection are made from findings sourced from small businesses all over the world, our bespoke collections are designed, sourced and made in CT, United-States. Working directly with US based suppliers means that we are able to offer more styles and create a stronger connection between you and the amazing artisans that create our beautiful adornments.
We hope that is doing so we are able to further involve our customers in the design and making process of our jewelry to ensure we are creating something you genuinely love and can have a real personal connection to. We are also further able to expand our sizes and product offering to make sure you walk away with beautiful and bespoke jewelry pieces that will last for years to come.
Our workshop uses recycled materials wherever we can. Scrap materials are reused for casting for at least 3-4 production cycles before being recycled. No lead, nickel, or any harmful materials are used in any process of making our jewelry.